Thursday 6 November 2014

The Imperial Chrysanthemum

The Imperial Seal Of Japan
As some of you may know, chrysanthemums are very much appreciated and loved by Japanese people. The Imperial Seal of Japan, the emblem of Japanese Emperor, is actually a 16 petal yellow chrysanthemum. This seal is also embossed on Japanese passports.

These beautiful flowers represents longevity and rejuvenation and called Kiku in Japanese. They even have a festival to their honor and name: Kiku Matsuri.


Chrysanthemums

I love working with chrysanthemums, their numerous variety, shape and color make beautiful Ikebana, though it is not easy to find the right balance in an all-chrysanthemum arrangement. Here, I use three sorts of chrysanthemums in two triangular containers juxtaposed onto each other.  

I couldn't get a good picture of this week's work so I had to content myself with what I have just to give you an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...